Friday 25 November 2011

Cabana - the new churrascaria on the block

Went to this Cabana on the first day of their opening and it was very very busy, I would strongly recommend that you book esp on Fri/ Sat. It’s based on Brasilian churrascirias where they bring skewers of meat around to your table. We had the pamonahs for starters which were so sweet they tasted like a dessert and deep fried cheesy rice balls. I would probably skip these next time and head straight for the main event, the skewers.
Because we hadn’t booked they ended up seating us in the bar which was fine but it meant that the service was a bit hit and miss as it relies on the waitress bringing the skewers round to your table and we weren’t in the bit they were circulating through. I really enjoyed most of the skewers, especially the lamb which was soft and juicy and the baby back ribs, probably my favourite of the night as they were properly spicy with a decent kick. The only one I didn’t like was the chimichurri beef rump as it was quite chewy. I would also recommend getting a side of the cassava chips as these were great.
Desserts other than fro-yo are limited but the banana and dolce du leche cheesecake I tried was brilliant. Not fridge cold and impossible to cut as cheescakes often are but dense and crumbly with delicious candied nuts on top. A winner!
I would go back to Cabana especially now I know which of the skewers I like but I would make sure I book first!

Cabana

7 Central St Giles Piazza, London WC2H 8AD
020 7845 9730

No comments:

Post a Comment