Thursday 15 July 2010

eastside inn bar

Went here just for drinks, sadly the bar has quite a corporate hotelly feel. Bjorn van der Horst (chef patron) was doing the rounds and said he thought it would be cosier in the winter when they could light the open fire. I had a summer'ade cocktail(Absolut citron, strawberry and lemonade) which unfortunately tasted quite weak and watery and J had a Goa ( Absolut passionfruit, chilli and ginger). The strong flavours of chilli and ginger dominated this drink to the exclusion of the passionfruit. I don't think the drinks reflect the standard of Bjorn's cooking and I would come back to try the bar menu but I would probably go for a pre dinner drink somewhere else.
Estimated cost for a cocktail £8
Eastside Inn
40 St John Street
London, EC1M 4AY

1 comment:

  1. I love chilli and ginger combination.

    ReplyDelete